Leadership and Commitment
The four FabSouth LLC business units first came together in 2000 as part of a nine company steel fabricator consolidation. In 2004 senior management was presented with the opportunity to unite under the FabSouth banner. Collectively, the companies have worked closely together for over eight years, a relatively short time compared to the history of the individual business units, dating as far back as 1947. The companies are:
Fabco Metals Products LP
Founded in 1983, Fabco Metal Products LP (“Fabco”) is headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida. Fabco fabricates and installs structural and miscellaneous steel primarily for the commercial and retail construction industry. Fabco has developed quality relationships with general contractors nationwide and major retail organizations throughout the United States.
Lyndon Steel Group
Founded in 1977, Lyndon Steel is comprised of four entities headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where they maintain sales and administrative offices and production facilities that provide products and services primarily to the commercial and institutional construction industry, with sales primarily in the Southeast, Mid Atlantic, Northeast and Midwest regions. Winston Steel LLC operates a production plant in Winston Salem, North Carolina, where it primarily produces miscellaneous and smaller size steel fabrication products. A third production facility is in Kinston, North Carolina. Lyndon also maintains engineering and detailing offices in Columbia, South Carolina.
Steel Fabricators LLC
Founded in 1962, Steel Fabricators, LLC (“Steel Fabricators”) is headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and operates primarily in Florida and throughout the Caribbean Basin. Steel Fabricators is a “single source” fabricator and erector, providing detailing, fabrication, and erection with in-house forces. Steel Fabricators maintains sales offices in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Florida. Steel Fabricators provides products and services to general contractors and construction managers for governmental, commercial and industrial facilities.
Founded as Steel Inc. in 1947, Steel LLC is headquartered in Scottdale, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, and operates primarily in the Southeast region of the United States. Steel LLC is a value-added structural steel fabricator, furnishing products and services to general contractors, owners, and developers for the construction of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
- The FabSouth Companies are certified by the AISC for complex steel structures.
- FabSouth’s overall management strength and extensive fabrication experience are unmatched in the industry.
- FabSouth has the combined ability to produce over 125,000 tons of structural steel annually.
- FabSouth is a value-added fabricator from the initial engineering pre-planning meeting to final erection.
- FabSouth’s decentralized management style is led by its own founding entrepreneurs who are in turn its shareholders.
- FabSouth offers technologically advanced production equipment, detailing, management information, and accounting systems.
- FabSouth has renown “fast-track” and “design-build” capabilities.
- FabSouth has a large, respected, and well-known, customer base with 80% recurring business from local, regional and national accounts.
- FabSouth has the proven ability to share production among its Companies that takes advantage of the scalability of four plants.